Catalus Corporation began making powder metal components in the 1950’s and has since grown into a world-class company in the powder metallurgy industry, offering products across a wide range of industries and/or markets. Powder metallurgy manufacturing produces parts for a diverse range of industries, and it often offers designs or features not available or not cost effective with traditional manufacturing. Powder metallurgy designs can reduce weight and include additional features while cutting down on the amount of waste generated by the manufacturing process.
What is Powder Metallurgy?
Benefits of Using Powder Metal Components
Powder metallurgy is a very cost effective and efficient way to manufacture specialized parts. Compared to traditional manufacturing, these metal forming processes reduce waste and improve consistency.
Some of the advantages and benefits of using powder manufactured parts include:
● Improved product quality and consistency
● Cost effectiveness
● Parts at or near net shape thus reducing material costs and waste
● Reduced scrap
● Reduced secondary machining
● Excellent surface finish
● Automated processing
● Material specific properties established by the MPIF (Metal Powders Industry Federation)
● Faster speed to market
● Powder metallurgy is a “Green” Technology